Trained service animals as defined by the ADA are welcome at all units. (Comfort, therapy and emotional support animals are not considered service animals and guests would need to choose a pet friendly unit and pay the pet fee.) Lying about an ADA service animal is a felony and will be treated as such. An emotional support or therapy animal needs to be treated as a pet.
- TYPE OF PETS –DOGS ONLY over one year of age. Completely housebroken, vaccinated.
- FEE –There will be an additional fee of $15 per pet per night added to the rental amount.
- PET DROPPINGS –Pet owners are responsible for properly cleaning up and disposing of any and all pet droppings. You will be billed for excessive pet droppings.
- LEASHES/ CHAINING – All pets must be on a hand-held leash and under human control at all times while outdoors. There are no exceptions to this for any reason. You are prohibited from chaining your pet.
- CLEANING – Please wipe muddy, wet or dirty paws before allowing them into the unit. If your pet has been swimming in the lake please bathe your pet immediately upon returning to the unit. Smell or stains on the furniture or carpets will be billed.
- COLLARS/ID TAGS –Please have current ID and rabies tag so if your dog is lost it can be easily identified.
- FLEAS AND TICKS –All pets are to be treated with Advantage or similar topical flea and tick repellant three (3) days prior to arrival. Please make sure that your pet arrives flea and tick free and remains so. There are ticks and fleas in the woods. Please be diligent and do not bring these pests into the house. The house is flea and tick free. Please help us maintain that.
- FURNITURE – Please be responsible with your pets on the furniture. We love to cuddle with our pets, but if your dog needs a bath or is otherwise in a condition not suitable for being on the furniture please keep them off. (ie; toenails needs trimming, has been in the lake, etc.) If your pet is accustomed to being on the furniture, please bring a sheet or blanket from home and cover the area of the furniture they will be laying on, in order to guard against pet hair accumulation.
- ILLNESS/INJURY – The home owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets while on the premises.
- EXCESSIVE NOISE / BARKING – Do not allow your pet to cause any undue noise such as barking or whining. Do not let your pet’s barking/whining go unchecked or become a nuisance.
- COMPLAINTS –Complaints from any authorities or the neighbors could result in immediate termination of the rental agreement with forfeiture of all monies received.
- DAMAGES – Any damage to the exterior or interior of the premises, grounds, furnishings, flooring, walls, trim, finish, tiles, carpeting, or any stains, etc., caused by the pet will be the full financial responsibility of the pet owner and that pet owner agrees to pay all costs involved in the restoration to its original condition. If because of any such stains, etc., said damage is such that it cannot be removed, then pet owner hereby agrees to pay the full expense of replacement. Note: Accidental Damage Insurance does not cover pet damages.
- OTHER PROPERTIES –You agree to not allow your pet onto any other surrounding properties. Allowing your animal(s) access to other properties could result in immediate termination of the rental agreement with forfeiture of all monies received. Your animal should be under your control at all times with no exceptions.
- HOLD HARMLESS –That the resident agrees to indemnify, hold harmless, and defend property owner or owner’s agents against all liability, judgments, expenses (including attorney’s fees), or claims by third parties for any injury to any person or damage to any property of any kind whatsoever caused by the pet(s).
- WRITTEN EXCEPTIONS –Any exception to the above mentioned policies must be approved in writing.