Branson is the “Live Entertainment Capital of the World,” and while its shows appeal to people of all ages, I think it’s safe to say that adults are more excited about them than children and teens. Many of these shows feature performers and music of yesteryear, like the songs of ABBA, Elvis, and Neil Diamond, artists likely absent from your children’s iPods. So how will you persuade your kids to join you on a vacation to Branson? Don’t worry, there are loads of things to do in Branson for families! Whether you have young children, picky teens, or idle grandparents along for the ride, you’re sure to find activities that the entire family can enjoy. Scroll through the list below for some of our favorites.
Things to Do in Branson for Families
- Ripley’s Believe It Or Not. Ripley’s “odditorium” is the perfect place to bring your family on a rainy day. Filled with unbelievable displays, odd artwork, and even genuine shrunken heads, your curious kids and teenagers will be enthralled with this unconventional museum.
- The Xtreme Racing Center. Does your family have a need for speed? Head on over to the Xtreme Racing Center and experience the fastest go-karts in Branson. You must be 11+ years old to drive the adult karts and 7+ years old to drive the junior karts.
- The Titanic Museum. The sinking of the Titanic in 1912 has fascinated Americans for decades. If you and your family would like to learn more about this tragic event, visit the Titanic Museum, an exciting self-guided tour located inside a half-size replica of the Titanic.
- The Butterfly Palace. Another great indoor adventure, the Butterfly Palace lets you walk amongst thousands of gorgeous and exotic butterflies. You’ll learn all about these beautiful creatures, their habitat, and other rainforest animals.
- Zip-lining. If your family’s not afraid of heights, try zip-lining in Branson. This is one of the best things to do in Branson for families if you want to get outdoors, breathe in the fresh air, and view the hills of the Ozarks. You’ll soar over and through the trees, getting an amazing view of the area’s scenery.
- White Water. On a hot summer day, White Water is the perfect place to cool down and relax. This water park features daring slides, a relaxing river to float down, a children’s area with water guns and splash geysers, and a wave pool.
- Silver Dollar City. With its 1880s theme, thrilling rides, and talented performers and artisans, this theme park is great for family fun. While your teenagers head for the roller coasters, grandma and grandpa could watch a show, and you could take the little ones to the kid’s section (also known as the Grand Exposition). This is one of the best things to do in Branson for families, but be sure to give it a full day of your attention.
Finally, we would also recommend that you explore some of Branson’s famed live shows with your family. Although your children probably won’t appreciate a show dedicated to the music of Neil Diamond, they might love the Dixie Stampede, the Acrobats of China, or Hamner’s Variety Theatre. Whether your children are nature-lovers, curious students, or thrill-seekers, you’ll find tons of things to do in Branson for families.