With Halloween at our heels and Thanksgiving just around the corner, Branson is ready to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. At Silver Dollar City, Christmas starts early (on November 3) and runs past the big day itself (until December 30). We want you to have an absolute blast at the Old Time Christmas festival, so today we’re going to answer some FAQs. One thing is for sure: A Silver Dollar City Christmas is one that you’ll always remember.
A Silver Dollar City Christmas
When does Silver Dollar City celebrate Christmas?
As we mentioned above, the Old Time Christmas festival runs from November 3 to December 30. It’s important to note, however, that Silver Dollar City is closed on Mondays, Tuesdays (except December 18), and the first two Wednesdays in November. To plan your trip, view the theme park’s calendar.
Will there be a Christmas tree?
Throughout the park and in the shops, you’ll find evergreens decorated for the holiday season, but the pièce de résistance is the giant Christmas tree on Main Street. This five-story tree puts on a show several times each night, its lights dancing to a soundtrack of joyous holiday music. Check out the day’s show schedule to learn when the tree’s light show will run during your visit.
Will there be Christmas lights?
The park is decorated with 6.5 million dazzling lights. Seriously!
What sort of entertainment can I expect?
A Silver Dollar City Christmas includes a variety of entertainment options, from musicals and sing-alongs to meet-and-greets and even a steam train! These are some of our favorites:
- A Dickens’ Christmas Carol: An original adaptation of the famous holiday novel, A Dickens’ Christmas Carol is a 60-minute musical reminiscent of a Broadway show. It features 15 actors, a live band, amazing special effects, elaborate costumes, and a lovely Victorian backdrop.
- It’s a Wonderful Life: If you’re a fan of the Frank Capra classic, you’ll adore this musical adaptation of It’s a Wonderful Life. It’s an uplifting tale about the value of family and friends.
- Holiday Hearthside Harmonies: Head on down to McHaffie’s Homestead to cozy up by the fire and listen to the talented live band. You’ll hear your holiday favorites as well as some original tunes to celebrate the season.
- Frisco Sing-Along Steam Train: What kid doesn’t love riding on a train? This fan-favorite chugs along in the Ozark countryside for 20 minutes.
- Rudolph’s Holly Jolly Christmas Light Parade: This procession of nine lighted floats and 45 costumed characters winds through the streets of Silver Dollar City.
- Meet-and-Greets: In Rudolph’s Christmas Town, you can meet with some of your favorite holiday characters, including Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer™, Bumble the Abominable Snow Monster™, & Clarice™. On Santa Claus Lane, you can visit with Santa and tell him what you want for Christmas. Plus, you can eat lunch with Santa on Saturdays and Sundays.
Can I go on rides during the festival?
Certainly. You can ride all your favorites during the festival, weather permitting. If it’s above 42 degrees, you have nothing to worry about. To see the exact temperature at which various rides and attractions close, view Silver Dollar City’s weather guidelines.
What can I eat at the Old Time Christmas festival?
You won’t go hungry at Silver Dollar City, that’s for sure. In addition to all your favorite restaurants and concession stands in the park (many of which have seasonal treats), there are three buffets on Main Street serving up classic holiday fare like glazed ham, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, sweet potatoes, and pecan and pumpkin pie. Don’t forget to grab our favorite seasonal treat: wassail, a spiced cider drink.
Will I be able to buy some presents?
Yes. Silver Dollar City offers a wide selection of unique gifts, including many hand-crafted items that you won’t find anywhere else. As you explore the shops, you’ll find gifts like the following:
- Magic tricks
- Cooking and gardening tools
- Apple butter, honey, jams, jellies, and candies
- Clothing and accessories
- Woven rugs, shawls, scarves, and stuffed animals
- Folk instruments
- Leather goods
- Christmas decorations, including ornaments
- Home decor and furnishings
- Lathed wood items
- Lye soap and home spa products
- Handcrafted knives
- Blown and cut glass decor
Where can I stay near Silver Dollar City?
If you’re visiting Branson for a Silver Dollar City Christmas, why not stay as close to the theme park as you can? At Branson Vacation Rentals, we have many beautiful rental cabins located within one mile of the park. From small and cozy cabins to 10-bedroom lodges, we have an excellent selection of accommodations available. Please click on the following links to explore our cabins, condos, and lodges near Silver Dollar City:
- Notch Estates (Located on 145 wooded acres, one mile west of Silver Dollar City)
- Eagles Nest (Backs up to Silver Dollar City, so you can see the roller coasters through the trees)
- StoneBridge Branson Village & Golf Resort (Five minutes from Silver Dollar City, includes the LedgeStone championship private golf course)
If you need help selecting a place to stay, please contact us online or give us a call at 417-832-9991.
Silver Dollar City is the perfect place to celebrate the holidays in Branson. We wish you all a very merry Christmas!