There are plenty of places to go in the Ozarks, which makes it the perfect getaway. Whether you are looking for some rest and relaxation or a day full of thrills, the possibilities are endless. Learn more about the hidden gems in Missouri and Arkansas, and get inspired to plan your next family outing.
Places to Go in the Ozarks
Spend a Week in Branson, Missouri
If you are planning on visiting more than one Ozark destination, Branson is a great place to start. Here, you will find activities for every member of the family.
- Visit a one-of-a-kind theme park: Silver Dollar City celebrates the Ozarks’ rich history. The park’s attractions are inspired by the 1880s. Stop in Grandfather’s Mansion where you are sure to feel a little disoriented with the up-side-down furniture and extreme slants. For a thrilling roller coaster, take a ride on PowderKeg or Outlaw Run, and end your day by attending a show.
- Cool off at White Water: If you visit in the summertime, let your kids burn off some energy at this water park. The 75-foot water slide is a fan favorite.
- Enjoy the rich entertainment: After you’ve gotten a taste for Branson’s shows at Silver Dollar City, why not check out another? You could try Dolly Parton’s Stampede, The Showboat Branson Belle, or Presleys’ Country Jubilee.
- Zipline through nature: Gather your adventurous friends and zipline through the Ozark Mountains.
- Brush up on your history: Spend an afternoon at the Titanic museum to learn more about this famous event.
- Visit your favorite stores: The Branson Landing is full of shops and places to dine. Stick around for the fountain show, which combines choreographed geysers, music, fire, and light.
- Stay in a cozy cabin: For a comfortable place to unwind after all the entertainment, book a Branson Vacation Rental.
Relax in Osage Beach, Missouri
Located on the shores of the Lake of the Ozarks, Osage Beach is an enjoyable place to spend time with friends and family and experience nature. Especially if you’re visiting in summer, make sure to include this town on your trip itinerary.
- Get out on the lake: Osage Beach is notorious for its miles of beautiful coastline. From fishing and water skiing to swimming and boating, spending time near the water is a great way to relax.
- Snag some deals: Stop by the Osage Beach Outlet Marketplace, where you can find name-brand goods for a fraction of the price.
- Take a hike: Ha Ha Tonka State Park is located just 20 minutes away from Osage Beach. Out of all the places to go in the Ozarks, this one might be the most unique. The beautiful park features ruins of a turn-of-the-century stone castle, caves, and a large spring.
Explore the City of Springfield
For its small size, Springfield is full of an impressive amount of unique places to eat, shop, and spend time.
- Start your day with coffee: Springfield has many excellent coffee shops to choose from including The Coffee Ethic, Kingdom Coffee, Brick & Mortar Coffee, Cherry Picker Package x Fare, and Eurasia Coffee & Tea.
- Buy some organic veggies and meet local farmers: Farmers Park is home to the Farmers Market of the Ozarks, as well as several unique restaurants and shops.
- Visit Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium: This immersive museum was voted the best new attraction in America by USA Today readers, and it does not disappoint. It features both wildlife and aquarium exhibits, as well as fishing boats owned by Ernest Hemmingway and Zane Grey.
- Visit Wilson’s Creek National Battlefield: This historic site is the location of the second major battle of the Civil War.
- Stop downtown for dinner: No matter what type of food you’re craving, Springfield’s downtown is the perfect place to stop for a bite to eat. Black Sheep, the Aviary Cafe, and Nonna’s are all great options. If you have room for dessert, pay a visit to European Cafe.
See What Northern Arkansas Has to Offer
The Ozark region spreads as far as Arkansas, so don’t overlook Eureka Springs, Fayetteville, and Bentonville when planning your trip.
- Get a little spooked: In Eureka Springs, Arkansas, visit the supposedly haunted Crescent Hotel, one of the creepiest places to go in the Ozarks. If you’re feeling brave, consider staying the night.
- Pamper yourself at a spa: Eureka Springs is also home to several relaxing spas, making it a great destination for a weekend retreat. New Moon Spa has everything you need to recharge, from facials to a sauna.
- Experience the arts: Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas, is filled with must-see American art by noteworthy painters and sculptors. After your visit, take a quick drive to Walton’s 5&10, also known as the very first Walmart.
- Visit unique boutiques in Fayetteville: Small shops such as the Freckled Hen Farmhouse and With Home Supply will leave you feeling inspired to redecorate your home.
There are numerous places to go in the Ozarks, so if you haven’t paid us a visit yet, what are you waiting for? Its central location makes for an easy drive from most states, and there is something for nearly everyone to enjoy. If you’re looking for somewhere to stay in the Ozarks, book a cozy space with Branson Vacation Rentals. Call us at 417-832-9991 or leave us a message. We would love to make your lodging experience as memorable and relaxing as possible.