If you aren’t careful, it’s easy to overspend when you’re on vacation. When you combine the excitement of being away from home, the temptation to splurge on souvenirs, and the last-minute decisions that cost more than you expected, you can quickly bust your budget . . . So if you want to know how to save money in Branson, you’ve got to think ahead. Whether you just want to pinch a few pennies or you’re planning a thrifty, budget-friendly trip, use the tips below to learn how to save money in Branson this year.
How to Save Money in Branson
Visit during the off-season.
As with all vacation destinations, one of the best ways to save money is to visit during the off-season. A lack of tourists translates to lower hotel rates, fewer crowds, and better deals. The most popular times to visit Branson are summer and Christmastime, so you should shoot for late winter, spring, or early fall. However, note that some attractions are not open during the off-season. For example, Silver Dollar City and some live shows close after Christmas. Be sure that the attractions you’re most looking forward to will be open during your vacation.
Stay in a cabin or condo (and eat in).
Cabins and condos make great accommodations for groups of all sizes. Families and groups of friends will appreciate the home-like feel, private bedrooms, and public gathering spaces, while couples will enjoy the intimacy and coziness. Plus, because they have kitchens and a full stock of cooking and dining supplies, cabins and condos make it easy for you to eat at “home.” Instead of splurging every night at a restaurant, pick up some affordable groceries and cook a lovely meal in your cabin. This is also useful for people with dietary restrictions, picky eaters, and wild children.
Purchase discounted tickets for Silver Dollar City.
Silver Dollar City, an 1880s-themed amusement park and one of the most popular attractions in town, has enough rides, shows, games, and food to entertain your entire family. Unfortunately, tickets for Silver Dollar City can be somewhat pricey: $61 for adults, $50 for children (ages 4-11), and $59 for seniors (age 62+). If you’re seeking a discount, you have several options:
- Season Passes: A season pass for Silver Dollar City in 2016 costs $90 for adults, $80 for children (ages 4-11), and $84 for seniors (age 62+). A pass offers unlimited visits all season long, so if you plan to go more than once, it’s typically worth it.
- Group Discounts: Groups of 10 or more can receive a discount if tickets are reserved 72 hours or more in advance. Adults pay just $58, and children cost $46. In addition, you will earn one complimentary ticket for every 10 admissions purchased.
- Military Discounts: Retired veterans and active military personnel can receive a 2-day ticket for the price of one or $5 off general admission. Review the park’s military discounts for more details.
- Thursday Discount Tickets: In past years, Silver Dollar City sold discounted tickets for Thursdays in the summer. These tickets were available at Price Cutter, Country Mart, Ramey, Smitty’s, Summer Fresh, and Bistro Market and cost just $40. Keep an eye out for a similar sale later this year.
To learn more about purchasing discount tickets for Silver Dollar City, please check out this previous blog post.
Scout out family passes, combo offers, and Groupon savings.
The Internet is a fantastic resource if you’re wondering how to save money in Branson. First, check out the plethora of family passes available for local attractions, which will give you a discount if you’re traveling with multiple adults and children. Some of the most popular family passes include the following:
- Titanic Museum: $67 family pass for 2 adults and 1-4 children
- Grand Jubilee: $67 family pass for 2 adults and 1-6 children
- Amazing Pets: $75 family pass for 2 adults and 1-6 children
- Starlite Theatre Shows: $79 family pass for 2 adults and 1-3 children
- The Haygoods: Call the box office to purchase.
View more family passes available on the Branson Tourism Center’s website. In addition, remember that when purchasing tickets for an attraction in Branson, it never hurts to ask if family passes are available.
Next, consider combo offers, which provide discounts if you visit two specific attractions. You’ll find these on a variety of websites. For example, if you’re interested in visiting the Titanic Museum, check out their page of combo offers:
- Titanic Museum & Silver Dollar City: $81 + tax for adults
- Titanic Museum & Dixie Stampede: $62 + tax for adults
- Titanic Museum & Jonah: $64 + tax for adults
- Titanic Museum & Ride the Ducks: $44 for adults
- Titanic Museum & The Track: $36 + tax for adults
- Titanic Museum & Clay Cooper’s County Express: $52 + tax for adults
Finally, stop by Branson’s Groupon page for local deals. You’ll find a variety of discounts for restaurants and attractions. For example, right now you can purchase a VIP outing to Branson’s Wild World for a family of four for just $44. Or maybe you’re more interested in a zip-line adventure for two for $22.
Stop by the Visitor Information Center or Tourism Center.
For more savings, stop by the Branson Visitor Information Center or the Branson Tourism Center. There, you’ll find a number of brochures advertising local attractions. Not only will this help you figure out how to spend your time, but you can find coupons in some of the brochures.
Enjoy the city’s free attractions and activities.
Finally, don’t forget about the many free things to do in Branson. For example, you could hike or fish at Table Rock Lake, visit the Dewey Short Visitor Center to learn about the area’s history and wildlife, or check out the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery to view the many trout raised and released there. You could also go shopping at Branson Landing (check out the fountain show at night) and the Bass Pro Shop (which has many fish tanks, turtle tanks, and elaborate exhibits to entertain kids).
Now that you know how to save money in Branson, are you ready to book your trip? As you begin exploring your options for accommodations, be sure to check out Branson Vacation Rentals. Our cabins and cottages are perfect for a fun family trip, a romantic getaway, or a relaxing weekend with friends. Browse our cabins, condos, villas, and cottages, or give us a call at 417-832-9991 to learn more.