The 4th of July is just a month away and what better place to celebrate this patriotic holiday than Branson? Located in the middle of our great country, Branson is surrounded by gorgeous lakes, the wooded hills of the Ozarks, and amusing attractions that your whole family will enjoy. Whether you want to swim, fish, boat, watch fireworks, or all of the above, Branson has got you covered. Scroll down to learn more about what you can do if you spend this 4th of July in Branson, and be sure to book your cabin early for this busy holiday weekend!
4th of July in Branson
FIREWORK DISPLAYS & HOLIDAY EVENTS
- Fireburst Fireworks Show: Hop in your boat or find a comfy place on land to view the Fireburst 4th of July Show, which takes occurs on Table Rock Lake in Kimberling City (just minutes from downtown Branson) on Saturday, July 5, 2014.
- Fireworks at Timber Rock Lake: Again, you can gather around in your boat or on foot to watch the night sky be lit with spectacular fireworks at Timber Rock Lake on July 4th.
- Liberty Light Up Fireworks Show: On Thursday, July 3, celebrate Independence Day at this concert featuring Journey Resurrection. Following the concert, there will be a spectacular fireworks show. Consider taking a Main Street Lake Cruise during the event to get a wonderful seat for the fireworks show.
- College of the Ozarks Fireworks Show: The Honor America Celebration will occur on June 29, 2014. It will feature fireworks, barbeque, music, and activities for kids.
- Branson Landing: The Landing will put on a free concert and fireworks show on Thursday, July 3, 2014.
- Rockaway Beach: There will be a fireworks show at Rockaway Beach at dusk on the 4th of July in Branson.
- Spirit of ’76: If you want to attend a family-friendly, Christian-based event, check out Spirit of ’76. There will be food, music, fireworks, praise service, and even hot air balloon rides. The event will take place on July 4th at Stockstill Park.
LAKES, FISHING, & BOATING
Branson is home to Table Rock Lake, the perfect place to spend your 4th of July in Branson on the water. There are quiet coves for swimming, fishing, and skiing, but also busier areas where you can ride your boat through the waves. Although there are 850 miles of unspoiled shoreline, be aware that this lake has limited access and you will need to find one of the many public access sites. If you wish to rent a boat, we recommend State Park Marina or Indian Point Marina.
You can also check out Lake Taneycomo (which looks more like a river). Known nationwide for its spectacular trout fishing, Lake Taneycomo is a great place to rent a boat and spend the day fishing. We recommend Scotty’s Trout Dock and Marina.
If a rainy day spoils your fun on the lake, check out some of Branson’s other attractions. There are live shows, outlet malls, Ripley’s Believe It Or Not, the Titanic Museum, the Butterfly Palace, and Silver Dollar City will be celebrating its Star-Spangled Summer festival from June 7 until July 20.
– – – – –
For the perfect lakeside, relaxing, family-friendly 4th of July in Branson, avoid booking a hotel room or picking a motel last minute. Instead, stay in one of our cozy cabins or condos. Some of our properties are right on the lake, others have gorgeous views of the Ozark hills, and still others are perched beside golf resorts! Give Branson Vacation Rentals a call at 417-832-9991 or e-mail us at [email protected] to learn more.